In constant need to innovate and capture the bottom of the pyramid and the new PC buyers Tally.ERP9 is now available on rent. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
With over 90% (estimated) businesses in India using Tally.ERP 9 (and earlier versions), there falls on us a tremendous responsibility to further ease availability and affordability. Your feedback has reached us – We hear you!
Tally.ERP 9 is now available in a rental model. Simply put, you can now pay per quarter or even per month of use.
At 10% per quarter (around 3% per month) we believe that with this model, ALL your general & special needs have been addressed:
• If you are presently operating in an environment where Capital Expenses are constrained -
the rental model offers you the freedom to operate in an Operating Expenses mode.
• There is sometimes the need for an additional license for short term use:
• A project site that will be operational for a few months
• An occasional use on a notebook while travelling
• An off-site festival/promotional sale
• For Silver edition sites, there can arise the need for additional users:
• During audits or unanticipated peak loads, you can rent a Silver or Gold edition while your
regular work continues as usual
• During initial implementation such additional rental licenses can be used to punch in old
entries, while you take full advantage of Tally.ERP 9 from day one for current business
• As a Tally education partner, rental opens up a new world of convenience:
• With government and NGO thrust on vocational training programs to help making people
employment-ready, the demand for Tally.ERP 9 training at hundreds or small locations
The price for rental follows the Power of Simplicity® that we strive for in everything we do:
The price of rental is 10% per quarter (3 months) of the regular (perpetual) license price of the corresponding edition, and 1/3rd per month.
For Tally.ERP 9 Gold (India/SAARC) the product price is INR 40,500. Therefore:
• The per quarter rental charge is INR 4,050
• The per month rental charge is INR 1,350
For Silver edition the above figures are, for the product price of INR 13,500:
• Quarterly – INR 1,350
• Monthly – INR 450
All taxes are included in the above.
The price also includes Tally.NET, with all the features available under this, including Remote Access.
To make things simpler, you can move from Silver to Gold and from Gold to Silver during the rental period as well (using a simple formula).
The pricing depends on the calendar and not on use – so a one month rental license will expire after 30 days (quarterly after 90 days) from activation – and not on the number of days that you actually use the license.
For all practical purposes a rental license is no different from a ‘regular’ license, and you will have all the features and capabilities like the use of Support Centre & Control Centre, and access to our support department via chat, e-mail and toll-free telephonic support.
From a license management perspective, each rental license becomes part of your account as sites, and get full benefit of the enhanced manageability capabilities that Tally.ERP 9 brings to the table.
Any time before, or just after the expiry of your rental period you have two options to continue the full use of Tally.ERP 9:
• You acquire a perpetual (regular) license of Tally.ERP 9. You can do this from within Tally.ERP 9 itself, paying by credit card or via Tally Currency (that you can buy from your nearest Tally dealer). Alternatively you can pick up a license pack from our dealers.
• You extend the rental license period by as many months or quarters you want to – by credit card or by Tally Currency, from within Tally.ERP 9 itself.
Some frequently asked questions:
• I do not renew. Will my data be intact?
Yes. Your data continues to be portable. You can use this at other sites or with other licenses of Tally.ERP 9.
• Can I move from perpetual to rental, and get a refund?
No. You can move from rental to perpetual and not the other way round.
• Do I get a rebate while moving from rental to perpetual?
No. In all cases the perpetual license is at the normal price – no rebates or discounts are available.
• Is rental the same as hire-purchase? Will I get a perpetual license if I pay rental for so many months?
No. Tally.ERP 9 – Rental is analogous to taking a house or office on rent.