Release Notes for Tally 9 Release 2.1
The toggle button “Item Invoice” or “Acct Invoice” which toggles between a Service Bill and a Sales Invoice is now functional only for Purchase and Sales Invoice and not for all types of Vouchers.
- In the Ledger creation mode, the Vat classification table width has been optimised and is now consistent.
- It is now possible to print a string of Characters bigger than 32 points through TDL.
The option of exporting from Tally to Excel spreadsheet with Formatting and
- Colour is now enabled for many other reports in Release 2.1.
The options Exclude Cash/Bank Ledgers and Exclude Sales/Purchase Ledgers are required in the functionality Multi Account Printing.
- These options have now been provided.
Parameters set for Billwise Details are changing in the multiple Group alteration screen for the ledgers created under that particular group. This issue has been rectified and the defined parameters remain unchanged.
In the Bank Reconciliation Statement, after selecting the option Credit/Debit Entries Only under F12-Configuration, the system does not display all entries pertaining to Credit/Debit.
This issue has been rectified
The CST Issueable report now displays the total of columns which includes CST Amount.
- After exporting the Service Tax Payable report to Excel, all values are being displayed under their respective columns.
- After exporting the Excise Purchase Bill Register to Excel, all values are being displayed under their respective columns.
- While exporting the Daybook in Excel format, the Tax ledger name is being printed in the corresponding field and not in the field Debit Amount.
- During Payslip export, when the language option is set to Restricted (ASCII only) several labels are not being exported, both in HTML and Excel. This has been rectified and now all the labels are being exported.
While exporting a payslip in the horizontal format with the language option set to Restricted (ASCII only), earnings and deductions are displayed in the same column. This issue has been resolved. The earnings and deductions are now being displayed under the respective columns.
- With the language option set to Default, the Company Name and Address are not being printed the Payslip. The Company Name and Address are now being printed with the language option set to Default.
When exporting a report into Excel format, application displays the error message ”Insufficient height to allocate“ and malfunctions. While exporting in ASCII or XML formats, the application displays the error message “Software exception” and malfunctions. The Payslip can now be exported in vertical format to Excel. The issue has been resolved for exporting the report in ASCII and XML format.
When exporting cash and bank summary by enabling Opening\Closing balances and percentage, report in Excel and HTML formats, the percentage values for Opening and Closing Balances are not being exported. The exported file displays only the percentage values for transactions. This issue has been rectified and the percentage values for the opening and closing balances are being exported properly to Excel and HTML formats.
Export & Import
When two ledgers are created, one with the option Billwise Details set to No and the other with the option set to Yes, and then exported to XML, on importing them to a new company, the ledger with the option Billwise Details set to No displays the setting as Yes. This issue has been resolved and the defined parameters remain unchanged on importing the ledgers.
When a purchase is passed with appropriation expenses and then exported to XML followed by importing into another company, the appropriation of expenses is not being reflected. This issue has been resolved and the appropriation of expenses is retained as created.
- A zero value entry made in Excise Purchase results in Form 2 crashing. This issue has been rectified.
- Expenditure amount is being displayed as a negative value in the FBT Computation report for an FBT entry passed in Journal voucher. This has been rectified and the Expenditure amount displayed with the appropriate sign in the FBT Computation report.
- Version number of Tally is wrongly displayed in the Start > Programs window. This has been corrected and the correct version is displayed.
- On passing a receipt note entry without the tracking number and then passing a rejection outward entry for the same item, the rate is not being picked up automatically. This issue has been addressed and the rates are now being picked up automatically.
- On passing a zero valued Rejection In voucher, the Standard Rate and Amount of an item are being captured.This issue has been resolved. The Standard Rate and Amount are now being captured.
Application malfunctions when drilling down to exploded details from a line item in Sundry Debtors ledger.
Exploded details can now be viewed for zero valued entries also.
The Skip Name function is now activated the Multiple Cost Category alteration mode.
In the print preview mode, of the bank ledger where the payment is made in the foreign currency, the values for Opening and Closing balances differ from those in the Ledger balance.
This issue has bee resolved and the values for Opening and Closing balances are being displayed correctly in the Print preview mode.
Multiple Group Alteration
- Skip Name & Skip Parent Buttons are not functioning in Multiple Groups Alteration. These buttons are now functional.
- An extra line is being displayed if the option Skip Name is selected under Accounts Info > Groups > Multiple Alteration > Select the List of Groups. This has been rectified.
In the Payroll Statement Report, column headings are not being displayed except for Employee Number. This has been resolved and all column details are being displayed.
In the POS module under Multi mode payment, after changing the POS from “With Class” to “Without Class”, Ledger names are not being displayed for the payment modes – Gift Voucher Credit/Debit Card Payment, Cheque and Cash. Instead the option “Not Applicable” is displayed.
- While creating the price list/ in Price list, the cost price of an item is now being properly displayed.
The options “Space to leave on top” and “Space to leave on Left” are now being displayed in the Printing Configuration of Debit/Credit Note in voucher mode.
- Now on printing the invoices, the Sate and Pin code are being printed.
The party name is now being printed with the following parameters; under F12 “Accept Supplementary details” is set to NO and “Print Default Name and Address of Party” is set to YES, in the Selected Language.
- The narration for each entry is now being printed, if the option Start fresh page for each account is set to No.
On selecting the mode Detailed, setting the option Yes for Narration and then printing under Multi Account PrintingAll accounts, with two sales entries, one having an amount and the other having zero value, the application malfunctions. This has been rectified.
While printing confirmation of Accounts, there are no options to print the
- Company’s PAN/IT Number and the Party’s PAN/IT number.
- The options to print the Company’s PAN/IT Number and the Party’s PAN/IT number have been provided.
- If the user enters a narration and then chooses not to print it in the voucher by setting the parameter Narrations for each entry -No in the voucher type master, the narration is not being displayed in the vouchers but is being printed. This issue has been resolved and now if the parameter is set to No, the narration is not being printed.
- After passing a Sales Entry in the Voucher entry mode, the address details of the party are not being displayed in the Print preview screen. This has been rectified and the address details of the party are being displayed in the Print preview screen.
- The print preview screen of an Invoice displays Buyer, but the print preview screen of a voucher concerning the same invoice displays Consignee.This issue has been resolved.
When drilling down for a detailed view of a Purchase Invoice having two items; one with batch details and the other without batch details from the Stock Group Analysis report, system displays the MAV error message and shuts down. This issue has been resolved and you can now drill down the Stock Group Analysis report.
Under a Group Company, in the Aging Analysis report, if you select Primary and press F3, and then enter a date earlier than the date of the last voucher entry made, the error message “Exiting Tally” is displayed followed by a system shutdown. This issue has been resolved.
- In several reports, the button F8- Other Reports needs to be deactivated. F8- Other reports buttons has been deactivated in the respective reports where it was not required.
Under a Group Company, alias given during ledger creation are not being displayed in reports under a new column, even if the alias parameter is defined under F-12. This has been rectified and the alias is now being displayed.
- The Group Company, under reports relating to stocks, under F12 functions, the Parameters given for the option ‘Name(alias) for ‘Appearance of the Name’ are not functioning. The issue has been resolved and all the parameters are now functional.
- In the Balance Sheet under Current Assets, the Stock in Hand is not being shown as Closing Stock.This issue has been rectified. The Closing Stock is now being reflected in the Balance Sheet.
In a Sales invoice, the Form No. and Date fields do not appear in the alteration mode after changing the VAT class from Interstate Sales to any other VAT class.
While trying to select an item in the Excise sales voucher against which the purchase is made without mentioning the Quantity, the MAV error message is not being displayed.
- Service Tax Calculation through voucher class has been enabled.
- Application malfunctions when altering service tax entries through “Service Tax payable” and “Input Credit Form” reports. This issue has been resolved. On passing a Service Purchase entry with a value consisting of eight or more digits and a subsequent Payment entry, incorrect values for Assesable Value and Service Tax Credit are being displayed in the Realised Value column. This issue has been resolved and the correct values are now being displayed in the Realised Value column.
- The GST Applicable field is now being displayed while creating any Ledger under the group which comes under the Primary, where the Nature of Group is given as expenses.
- In the Last Purchase Cost method, Expenses given without rates are now getting captured under Closing Stock.
Closing value for a line item shows “Zero value” even if there is an opening stock for that item and a purchase voucher is passed mentioning only the amount without quantity.
- The Closing Value for a line item now displays the correct value in accordance with the opening stock.
In the FIFO and LIFO valuation methods, where a receipt note is passed for an item with tracking number and part of the quantity of that item is sold out, the unit cost for an item is not being calculated; subsequently the closing value is not being calculated.
- This issue has been rectified. The unit cost is being calculated correctly and subsequently the closing value is also being calculated.
On defining the Standard Cost under Standard Rate of Item Master, the value is being determined for a returned item only in the case of Average Cost Method. The value is not being determined in the case of FIFO and LIFO. This issue has been resolved.
With the Ignore Surcharge Limit option set to No in the Party Ledger, Surcharge is getting calculated for amounts where the exemption limit was crossed. When Ignore Surcharge Exemption Limit is set to NO in the Party Ledger, Surcharge is now not getting calculated if exemption limit is crossed.
- Values stored in the default udf “Bankers Date” are not being migrated from Tally 7.2 to Tally 9. This issue has been resolved and the default udf “Bankers Date” is being migrated.
- A payment made to a sundry creditor is being displayed under TDS on selecting the same as reference for a particular bill. On rewriting the data, in TDS entry under Billwise details Against Reference, is retained as it is.
On changing the configuration settings “Use Default Ledger for Item allocation?” from yes to no under F-12 Configuration, the amount corresponding to the VAT/Tax classes initially defined are not being retained. This issue has now been resolved and the amounts corresponding to VAT/TAX classes are now being retained.
When quantities mentioned in a VAT Sales invoice are modified in the Alteration mode, the same is not being reflected in the VAT computation report. This resulted in incorrect assessable values.
Vat computation report is now getting refreshed and showing the correct assessable value, when the quantities mentioned in Vat sales invoice are changed in the alteration mode.
The ledger values are getting changed on accepting a voucher.