1. A message Tally.NET subscription valid till 31-Mar-2010 is displayed in the license information pane in the product. What does it signify?
A: It indicates that your Tally.net subscription is going to get expired on 31/03/2010. You need to renew the Tally.NET subscription by paying nominal charges.
2. Why should I subscribe?
A: The subscription includes product and statutory upgrades and updates for a year. Any major version or changes within the subscription period will be available and you will get a price protection for a period. Tally.NET provides other services such as Unlimited Data Synchronization, Unlimited Remote Access, etc. The Remote Edit and SMS feature would also available shortly.
3. What are the features covered under Tally.NET Subscription?
Latest updates on product/statutory (keep you updated with the amended taxation laws, reports, returns)
Unlimited Remote Access
Unlimited Data synchronization via Tally.NET servers
Upcoming features are:
4. Why product updates like stat, releases are made chargeable?
A: Till this release we have provided release updates and stat free of cost. The amendments done by the department will be implemented in the product which will not hamper in filing the statutory reports on time. The world around us is changing in terms, technologies, government and therefore the rules and laws of transacting. As a company – we were looking at how we can give you getting access to these changes, hassle free. Also Tally.NET subscription will enable you to access other bouquet of services, like, remote access and edit and many more during the period of subscription.
5. What happens if I do not renew my Tally.NET?
A: Your Tally.ERP 9 license will continue to work. However, the latest product / statutory upgrades and updates will not be available.
Tally.NET is a bouquet of services and you will NOT get access to the same, which includes changes based on new technologies, government rules and laws, remote access and edit.
6. What is the cost of Tally.Net subscription?
A: For Single user Rs.2,700/-
For Multi user Rs.8,100/- (Tally.NET subscription is inclusive of taxes.)
7. I have got multiple serial numbers registered under one company. Will I get discount in this case?
A: In case you have more than 4 licenses please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with the complete details of the serial numbers and the account id.
8. I would like to get only the Product and Stat updates. Do you have any discounted offer as such? Are you coming out with such offer in future as most of the customers are not using Tally.NET features and use only Product and Stat updates?
A: The product and statutory upgrades are a part of Tally.NET Subscription. There is no discount available on the subscription amount and no such offer is available.
9. Partners are charging more than the price announced for Tally.NET subscription renewals?
A: The Tally.NET subscription charges are Rs.2700/- for Single User and Rs.8100/- for Multi User (inclusive of taxes). The Partner might charge you on the other services which you may avail from them like onsite visit, data migration, for which they are spending time for processing.
10. I am having more licenses in my Group Company. Should I subscribe for all the licenses?
A: You may renew Tally.NET subscription for all licenses. In case you have more than 4 licenses, please write to email@example.com with the complete details of the serial numbers and the account id.
11. I am currently using Tally 9 and if I upgrade to Tally.ERP 9 after 1st April 2010, should I pay Tally.NET Subscription separately apart from the upgrade charges?
A: No, the upgrade is inclusive of Tally.NET subscription for one year.
12. Can I subscribe Tally.NET Subscription for a number of years?
A: No, currently it is renewable on yearly basis. As and when we come out with such an offer it will be intimated to our registered users.
13. We are only the users of single user of Tally and we are not using Remote access facilities. Recently we have spent huge amount on customization for additional requirements. Hence consider our case and reduce the Net subscription charges.
A: The customization was done based on your business specific requirement. Tally.NET provides you a bunch of services like product and statutory updates, remote access, unlimited data synchronization, remote edit (upcoming) and many more during the period of subscription. The subscription charges paid is to renew the Tally.NET subscription for a year.
14. What happens if we do not get the Tally.NET subscription renewed?
A: Your Tally.ERP 9 will continue to work, but you will not get access to the new technologies hassle free, and certain services which cost us to maintain and provide will not be available.
15. If I subscribe to Tally.NET, do I get free onsite support?
A: No, Tally.NET subscription is for a bunch of features like product and stat updates, remote access, unlimited data synchronization, remote edit (upcoming) and many more during the period of subscription. The onsite support is service rendered by service partners based on your business needs and maintenance which is on additional charges.
16. What is Tally.NET subscription cost for Auditor Edition?
A: The Tally.NET Subscription cost for Auditors’ Edition is Rs.4050/-, which is half of the Multi user cost.
17. If Tally.ERP 9 Auditors’ Edition is having additional sites for the same serial number, should we renew Tally.NET Subscription for all additional sites?
A: Yes, the Tally.NET Subscription should be renewed for all sites / branches at once, by giving the full amount in online or renewal through product.