Did you know…?
To view the details of the current voucher in reports where transactions are listed, highlight the transaction and press Enter. To view details of the following voucher, press Page down button. Press Page up button to view details of the previous voucher (prior to the current one).
Consider the following Daybook report.
Highlight the transaction as shown. Press Enter. Voucher Alteration (Secondary) screen displays. Press Page down to view Receipt No. 3 and press Page Up to view Payment No.3 in voucher detail.
A bit off the topic but I thought could be an interesting post
In a small town on the South Coast of France, the holiday season is in full swing, but it is raining so there is not too much business taking place.
Everyone is heavily in debt.
Luckily, a rich Russian tourist arrives in the foyer of the small local hotel. He asks for a room and puts a Euro100 note on the reception counter, takes a key and goes to inspect the room located up the stairs on the third floor.
• The hotel owner takes the banknote in a hurry and rushes to his meat supplier to whom he owes E100.
• The butcher takes the money and races to his supplier to pay his debt.
• The wholesaler rushes to the farmer to pay E100 for pigs he purchased some time ago.
• The farmer triumphantly gives the E100 note to a local prostitute who gave him her services on credit.
• The prostitute quickly goes to the hotel, as she was owing the hotel for her hourly room used to entertain clients.
At that moment, the rich Russian comes down to reception and informs the hotel owner that the room is unsatisfactory and takes his E100 back and departs.
There was no profit or income. But everyone no longer has any debt and the small town’s people look optimistically towards their future.
Could this be the solution to the global financial crisis?
There are some links to detailed booklets on Tally Website.
Check this latest one
Implementation of Excise for Dealers in Tally.ERP 9
The current Series, Release & Build certified for use is Tally.ERP 9, Series A, Release 1.2, Build 201. This was released for download on 9th June 2009.
The highlights of this release are:
• Issues in Offline Activation (send external request) have been fixed
• In some cases alteration of Excise Purchase Vouchers was crashing Tally.ERP 9. his has been fixed
• During data migration containing stock items with Excise enabled, Tally.ERP 9 was crashing. This has been fixed
The associated release, Tally.ERP 9, Series A, Release 1.2, Build 200, released on 5th June 2009 had these as highlights:
• In case of purchases from dealers, the assessable value can be manually specified
• Partial CENVAT can be availed via a Journal Voucher
• The duty rate can be set to be effective from a specified date
• The same item can be specified multiple times in all transactions
• With numbering set to ‘manual’ for excise transactions, Import & Synchronisation will no longer throw errors
• Groups like Liabilities & Expenses, Fixed asserts, Current Assets & Investments are now enabled for TDS
• A “TDS not deducted” report is now available
• A “TDS computation – Party wise” report is now available
• TDS entry in Journals & Purchase Invoices, both with inventory details, are enabled
• TDS has now been enabled for all ledgers under ‘Duties & Taxes’
• The Pay sheet now correctly shows the values as entered in the Payroll Voucher and as displayed in the Payslip
• EDLI calculations are now supported
• The issue with PT becoming zero on recalculation with User Defined Pay heads has been fixed
• The same stock items used again will now compute Additional Tax / Cess correctly
• When an Invoice is altered, VAT computation will compute correctly for additions & alterations
• In purchases a common ledger can be used for multiple VAT classifications
• Stat 85 supports eVAT returns for the states of Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Kerala, Gujarat and Tamil Nadu
• With Stat 85 Rajasthan CST Returns are now available
• Tally.ERP 9 – Silver Edition – now supports multiple instances to be executed from different folders on the machine. The Tally.ini file in each folder can be configured to access the license information from a common folder with the “LicensePath” parameter
• The issue of TallyAdmin occasionally crashing on Windows 98 has been fixed
• Issues with condensed text in the Dot Matrix mode has been fixed
• Alignment issues in Daybook & Sales Invoice have been fixed
• Lines that had been removed with Alt-R were still getting printed in Daybook. This has been fixed
• Issues with Form 16A have been fixed
• Synchronisation was failing to import data when it encounters Stock Item for which Expirydate is enabled (and Mfg Date is not enabled) with opening balance present. This has been fixed
• Import / Synchronisation was failing to import earlier entered vouchers after enabling Mfg/Expiry date. This has been fixed
• The Info Panel now displays the correct information about the new release that is available
• Tally.ERP 9 now starts up faster
• The application will now prompt you to download the online help file if the same is not found in the application folder
• In specific installations of Windows 98, Tally.ERP 9 used to show a black screen. This has been fixed
• The filter option for batch name in batch wise reports now works as expected
• The decimal portion of the percentage field in voucher type class has been enhanced to four places from three